Who is really Muhammad?
Obviously the bible went through a series of development and changes so not all of the glad tidings about Prophet Muhammad exist but still there are sufficient evidences in the bible that should be an indication to the current day people of the book (Jews and Christians) and the whole of mankind to believe and follow the messenger of (God) Allah.In the following verse of the Bible,it’s says….
Deuteronomy 18:18 “I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. 18:19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.”
This prophecy fits Muhammad like a glove. Exactly! And it fits no one else. The verse starts by saying that “I (God) will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren like unto thee (Moses)”. So God is saying that He will send them a Prophet who will be like Moses.
Now who was the Prophet who resembles Moses the most? The Christians claim that this verse is talking about Jesus. So let’s see who resembles Moses more, Muhammad or Jesus.
1. Moses had parents and Muhammad had parents while Jesus had only a Mother. First similarity between Muhammad and Moses which is not shared by Jesus.
2. Both Moses and Muhammad had children while Jesus never had any children. Therefore, Jesus is not like Moses but Muhummad is like Moses.
3. Both Moses and Muhammad were born in a natural way while Jesus was born in a miraculous fashion. He was born without a Father. Therefore, Jesus is not like Moses but Muhummad is like Moses.
4. Moses was accepted by his nation and Muhammad was accepted by his nation while Jesus was rejected by his nation. It is said in the Bible, John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.“ He (Jesus) was sent to the Jews as mentioned in Matthew 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, You son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. 15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she cries after us. 15:24 But he (Jesus) answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” And even when Jesus sent his twelve disciples,he said to them….Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter you not: 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” But they rejected him (Jesus) even today, after two thousand years, his people- the Jews, as a whole, have rejeted him, while Moses was sent to the Jews and overall they accepted him and Muhammad was sent to his people and they accepted him.
5. Both Moses and Muhammad were rulers on earth while Jesus was not. And when we say rulers it means that they had the power to inflict capital punishment. We know in lslamic laws only the Ruler can enforce Hudood(capital punishment). Both Moses and Muhammad had that power. For example for Moses,there was an incident when a Jew was brought before him (an Israelite) who was caught collecting fire wood on Sabbath so Moses had him stoned to death as mentioned in Numbers 15:32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. 15:33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. 15:34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him. 15:35 And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. 15:36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.
Similarly Muhammad applied capital punishment when the woman came to him confessing adultery. But with Jesus when they brought him a case of crime he refused to inflict punishment even though he Jesus said…. Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.” and Jesus said in Luke 19:27 “But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.”
Jesus said again in Matthew 5:17 “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.” But Jesus could not apply the capital punishment which deters the people from immoralities and injustice.
For example the Bible says….
Leviticus 20:10 And the man that committes adultery with another man’s wife, even he that committes adultery with his neighbour’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
Leviticus 20:15 And if a man lies with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and you shall slay the beast.
Leviticus 24:16 And he that blasphemes the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.
Leviticus 24:17 And he that kills any man shall surely be put to death.
The main reason for such capital punishment,was to keep evil away from the society , to deter people from killing,injustice and the spread of immoralities as mentioned in Deuteronomy 21:21 “And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shall you put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.”
You see,my brothers and sisters in humanity,lf a person kills and the killer is killed,it would prevent others from killing because everyone is afraid to die,the same way if a married man or woman commits adultery and he or she is stoned to death,believe me, all married men and women would comport themselves.lf a rubber rubs and his hand is cut, the rate of rubbery will reduce and we will be free because a person with one hand can not do much harm as campare to two and so on.That is why the Bible says in Deuteronomy 21:21 “And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shall you put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.”
I know many of the readers do not believe in the Quran so I want to keep it away from this topic.we want to know what is in the Bible.
6. Moses and Muhummad brought new laws and new regulations for their people. Moses not only gave the Ten Commandments to the Israelites, but a very comprehensive ceremonial law for the guidance of his people. Muhummad comes to a people steeped in barbarism and ignorance. They married their step-mothers; they buried their daughters alive; drunkenness, adultery, idolatry, and gambling were the order of the day. Gibbon describe the Arabs before Islam in his “Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire”, THE HUMAN BRUTE, ALMOST WITHOUT SENSE, IS POORLY DISTINGUISHED FROM THE REST OF THE ANIMAL CREATION.’ There was hardly anything to distinguish between the “man” and the “animal” of the time; they were animals in human form. “From this abject barbarism, Muhummad elevated them, in the words of Thomas Carlysle, ‘into torch-bearers of light and learning.’ ‘TO THE ARAB NATION IT WAS AS A BIRTH FROM DARKNESS INTO LIGHT. ARABIA FIRST BECAME ALIVE BY MEANS OF IT. A POOR SHEPHERD PEOPLE, ROAMING UNNOTICED IN ITS DESERTS SINCE THE CREATION OF THE WORLD. SEE, THE UNNOTICED BECOMES WORLD NOTABLE, THE SMALL HAS GROWN WORLD-GREAT. WITHIN ONE CENTURY AFTERWARDS ARABIA WAS AT GRANADA ON ONE HAND AND AT DELHI ON THE OTHER. GLANCING IN VALOUR AND SPLENDOUR, AND THE LIGHT OF GENIUS, ARABIA SHINES OVER A GREA SECTION OF THE WORLD. …’
The fact is that Muhummad gave his people a Law and Order they never had before. “As regards Jesus, when the Jews felt suspicious of him that he might be an imposter with designs to pervert their teachings, Jesus took pains to assure them that he had not come with a new religion – no new laws and no new regulations. I quote his own words as mentioned in Matthew 5:17 Think not that I (Jesus) am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.” Therefore, Jesus is not like Moses but Muhummad is like Moses.
7. Moses has led his people in Hijrah (emigration) from Egypt to the holy land,Muhammad has led his people in Hijrah from makkah to madinah while Jesus never left his land and never made Hijrah. And one of the most important events to Us as Muslims in the history of Muhammad was Hijrah and that is why it is the beginning of our calendar. That is where we start counting history from. So it’s a very important event and to the Jews the Hijrah of Bani Israel out of Egypt is a very important event to them too, infact many of their celebrations are based on that event. So this is a very important point of similarity between Moses and Muhammad. Therefore, Jesus is not like Moses but Muhummad is like Moses.
8. Both Moses and Muhammad were victorious against their enemies. Moses won against Firaon (Pharoh) and Muhammad won against those who fought him. While Jesus never won in the worldly sense. Infact the Christians believe that he was killed. This is not a belief that we share with them but this is where they stand. Therefore, Jesus is not like Moses but Muhummed is like Moses.
9.Both Moses and Muhummad died natural death, but according to Christianity, Jesus was violently killed on the cross. The Christians believe that he was killed while the Muslims believe that he was elevated. Therefore, Jesus is not like Moses but Muhummed is like Moses.
10. Both Moses and Muhummad are buried in the ground while the Christians believe Jesus was buried and resurrected while Muslims believe that he was never buried. Therefore, Jesus is not like Moses but Muhummed is like Moses.
11. Another similarity we can bring up according to the Christian belief. Most Christians believe that Jesus is God and the reason why we could use this as evidence because they are one claiming that Jesus is similar to Moses. So we can bring up the point that how can you say that Jesus was God when you say he is similar to Moosa who was a prophet.
12. Both Moses and Muhummad became Prophets at the age of 40 years but the Bible states that Jesus became a Prophet at the age of 30. Luke 3:21 “Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, You are my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased. 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.” So both Moses and Muhummad were given Prophethood at the same age while Jesus was given Prophethood at a younger age.
13.Moses and Muhummad both lie buried in the earth, but according to you Christians ,Jesus is in heaven.
14. Christians believe that Jesus was resurrected after his death. Neither Muslims nor Christians claims that Moses or Muhammad was resurrected. Therefore Muhammad was more like Moses.
We can go on and on but the point is made clear that the Prophet that resembles Moses is Muhammad rather than Jesus.
No one came after Moses who resembles him more than Muhammad.
Let’s look at other aspect of the above mentioned prophecy since now we have determined that this prophecy do not apply to Jesus. Could it be someone else among the Jews since Moses is giving the prophecy and speaking to the Jews, could it be someone other than Jesus. Well the person whom this prophecy is talking about cannot be a Jew because it says in….
Deuteronomy 34:5 So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD. 34:6 And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Bethpeor: but no man knoweth of his sepulchre unto this day. 34:7 And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated. 34:8 And the children of Israel wept for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days: so the days of weeping and mourning for Moses were ended. 34:9 And Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom; for Moses had laid his hands upon him: and the children of Israel hearkened unto him, and did as the LORD commanded Moses. 34:10 And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face.”
So this statement makes it clear that,there will be no one among Bani Israel (the Jews and Christians) who is similar to Moses. So none of the Prophets send to Bani Israel (the Jews and christians) were similar to Moses.
So who is then? Well the answer itself is mentioned in the prophecy. It says Prophet from among their brethren (i.e. the brethren of the Jews and christians). Who are the brethren of the Jews and Christians?
To be continued in shaa Allah…